Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution means stashing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting vendor. There are different forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's survey these. Thus, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to create a web site, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by given file storage providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incorrect interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the workload between autonomous packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain distributors provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share an enormous number of pictures with friends or associates since the solution is usually free. You will receive a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your email addresses. Some vendors offer webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you would like to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to run as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a website. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At NameHost.us - Name Hosting In One Business by William Nabaza, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content only.